The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and in 2012–13 individual schools were allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 19-20
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement and Impact 2018-2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2018-2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement & Impact 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Expenditure 2016-2017
Sports Premium Funding
The primary PE and sport premium was introduced in March 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England. The funding is allocated directly to primary schools and is ring-fenced. This means it may only be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Our School Sport’s funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision of Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity.
While physical activity, physical education and school sports are similar in that they all include physical movement, there are important differences between them.
Physical activity is a broad term referring to all bodily movement that uses energy. This includes physical education, sports and dance activities as well as indoor and outdoor play and adventurous activities.
Physical education is the planned progressive learning that takes place in the timetabled school curriculum and is delivered to all pupils. This involves the children learning to move and moving to learn with the children experiencing a broad range of activities from throwing and catching, to playing netball and swimming.
School sport is the structured learning that takes place beyond the curriculum, such as after school clubs. This has the potential to develop the foundation learning that take place in physical education.
Visit http://www.staindrop-pri.durham.sch.uk/pesspa/ to see what PESSPA looks like in our school.
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
- Sports Premium – Evaluation & Impact of PE Budget 2018-2019
- Sports Premium – Evaluation & Impact of PE Budget 2017-2018
- Sports Premium – Evaluation & Impact of PE Budget 2016-2017
- Sports Premium – Evaluation & Impact of PE Budget 2015-2016
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.