Welcome to Year 2
• Mrs Johnston- Teacher
• Mrs Brown- Teaching assistant
• Mr Beauchamp- PE apprentice
• Children should continue to bring their reading books to school each day and aim to read to an adult every night to maintain the good progress made so far. We will change books on a Monday and Friday. Depending on your child’s level, they will receive 2-4 books. Every child has been given four books to get started but we will change and monitor this to suit each child.
• We will be doing guided reading everyday where children will read aloud. We will also regularly listen to the children on an individual basis.
• Homework will be home learning challenges linked to our topic. There will be three progress checks throughout the term.
• Spellings will be given out on a Wednesday ready for a test every Monday.
• PE sessions are on a Wednesday and Friday. However kits should be left in school all week as these days are subject to can and extra activities may be added.
• Please ensure your child has a water bottle in class every day and as the days get colder a suitable coat.
Autumn Term 2019
This terms topic is called “London’s Burning”. Please see the link to our topic overview below: