Welcome to Year 2!
• Mrs Johnston- Teacher
• Mrs Brown- Teaching assistant
• Mr Beauchamp- PE apprentice
* New Update: W/B 22nd June *
We hope that you are enjoying the Summer Term and enjoyed your virtual meetings this week. We certainly loved them and it was lovely to see you all. We can’t wait for the next one! Below is an outline of the final 4 weeks of home learning activities for you to complete. If you need the pack printing, please e-mail me and I will arrange for one to be prepared and ready to collect from the office.
- Topic Grid– I have put together a new topic grid based on the Olympics with a variety of activities. Unfortunately, like many events this Summer, the Tokyo Olympics has been postponed to next Summer. Try the range of activities to the keep the Olympic spirit alive! Olympic Topic Grid
- Science– here is also a Science grid with a range of activities linked to the importance of keeping your body fit and healthy. There is a great experiment you can try at home based on keeping your teeth healthy! Science Grid
- Prayer Spaces– there is also a grid that includes 4 Prayer Space activities you may wish to complete at home. Prayer Space Activities
- Literacy– There are two Literacy grids to work through based on the books “The Magic Paintbrush” and “The Sandcastle”. Each should take about 2 weeks to complete. The Magic Paintbrush magic paintbrush speech sheet The Sandcastle
- Maths– Please move onto the next White Rose Lessons: Summer Term Weeks 8, 10, 11 and 12. Please note we have already completed Weeks 7 and 9 and therefore moving past these. On a Friday, the website has challenges you can complete or alternatively I have included a Mental Arithmetic children can complete. All sheets can be download clicking the links below and supporting videos can be found at: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
Week 8 Lesson 1 – Count sides and vertices on 2D shapes Week 8 Lesson 2 – Count faces, edges and vertices on 3D shapes Week 8 Lesson 3 – Sort 2D and 3D shapes Week 8 Lesson 4 – Merge 2D and 3D shapes Week 8 Lesson 5 Mental Arithmetic
Week 12 Lesson 1 – Telling time to 5 minutes Week 12 Lesson 2 – Hours and days Week 12 Lesson 3 – Find durations of time Week 12 Lesson 4 – Compare durations of time Week 12 Lesson 5 Mental Arithmetic
- Maths Challenges– I have also put four Nrich Challenges together which you can work through. And don’t forget to keep practicing your times tables on Times Tables Rock Stars! Nrich Challenges! Challenge 1 Supporting Sheet Challenge 2 Supporting Sheet
Please remember to e-mail me with any work you have been up to- I really do love seeing your work. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
W/B 1st June 2020
In case you didn’t get the previous pack completed, please feel free to complete it or if you would rather, you can move onto the new girds. Below are the previous packs links:
- The Day the Crayons Quit Topic Grid– Listen to the story and then complete the activities. The Day the Crayons Quit Topic Grid
- Caterpillar Shoes Topic Grid– Here is the link to the grid.Caterpillar Shoes!
- ‘Active in June Calendar’ Follow this link to find a calendar with daily activities that will get you moving and keeping fit! Stay Active June Challenges
- Maths– White Rose Lessons: Summer Term Week 4, 5 and 6.
Week 6 Lesson 1 – The 10 times-table 2019 Week 6 Lesson 2 – Make equal groups – sharing 2019 Week 6 Lesson 3 – Make equal groups – grouping 2019 Week 6 Lesson 4 – Odd and even numbers 2019 Week 6 Lesson 5 Mental Arithmetic
Here is some of the latest work that Year 2 have completed based on their new Olympic and The Magic Paintbrush Topic Grids.
Here is some of the latest work that Year 2 have completed based on the book, “The Day the Crayons Quit.”
Here are a few more pictures of what some of you have been doing:
Additional Home Learning Links
Reading Books: Please use Oxford Owl ebooks.
Filter the books by age 6-7. If your child finds these too challenging and cannot read them fluently please use 5-6 age range books. Please write down the books they have read in your child’s record book as usual.
Your child can read each book a couple times for fluency and many have additional games and activities with the book.
If your child is already on Accelerated reader they may choose books from 7-9 age range and can quiz on these via accelerated reader using their usual login from 8.30am-4.00pm Mon-Fri.
- https://themuddypuddleteacher.co.uk/ (free subscription for a month- outdoor learning based activities)
Spring Term 2020
Please see this term’s newsletter for an overview of our topic:
Autumn Term 2019
This terms topic is called “London’s Burning”. Please see the link to our topic overview below: