Welcome to Year 3 (2019/2020)
- Mrs Briggs – Teacher
- Miss Bolam– Teaching Assistant
**NEW** Summer Term Update – 22nd June 2020
I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and are enjoying the term so far. I can’t believe we are starting the final few weeks of the school year, and that soon, you will all be getting ready to leave Year 3andmove to Year 4.
The Teams meeting this last week were FAB! I loved seeing all your smiley faces and we had some great fun! Thank you so much for taking part. Over the next few weeks, we will be arranging some more Teams Meetings so you can see each other again and play some more fun games!
For our final few weeks of Home Learning, Miss Allen and I have worked together on some new, exciting learning grids all related to ‘space, life as an astronaut and electricity’! You will find new English, Science and Topic Activity Grids with lots of fun activities with video links to help you below.
Please remember to keep sending any pictures, documents or videos of what you have been getting up to. I absolutely love to see how you are challenging yourselves and it really puts a smile on my face! email@example.com
NEW English Activity Grid
A new activity grid can be opened by clicking on the following link: The Darkest Dark – English Grid This grid has lots of writing/reading activities based around Chris Hadfield’s picture book – The Darkest Dark, written by a real life astronaut! I know you’ll love the activities and videos all about life in SPACE.
Book as a PDF Please find a scanned copy of the book here: The Darkest Dark – Story
Activity 3 Comprehension Questions Activity 3 – Comprehension Questions
Activity 4 Comprehension Questions About Chris Hadfield – About Chris Hadfield – Questions
NEW Science Grid Follow this link to find a Science Activity Grid with lots of different activities based around electricity and forces. Science Grid – Electricity and Gravity There are video links on here to help you learn about these very interesting, life changing topics!
NEW Topic Grid Topic Grid – Space Here is a Topic Grid which includes various activities based around the history of space flight. It has some fun and creative Art & DT tasks on there too!
NEW RE Grid Prayer Spaces Activities Attached are 4 Prayer Spaces Activities that you can try at home designed to help you reflect and support your mental health.
Please move onto the next White Rose Lessons: Summer Term Weeks 9,10 11 and 12. Supporting videos can be found at: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
Please note that you will now need to print the daily worksheets from the links below as the website now requires a password. Friday lessons are Math challenges that don’t require a worksheet printing. If for any reason you can’t print off the sheets, please email me and I’ll arrange for a copy to be left at school for collection.
Week 9 Worksheets:
Week 9 Answers:
Week 10 Worksheets:
Week 10 Answers:
Week 11 Worksheets:
Week 11 Answers:
Week 12 Worksheets:
Week 12 Answers:
Extra Maths challenges
Maths problem solving: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zx8p7yc
Maths problem solving: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/ztrrn9q
Maths problem solving: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/znvf382
Maths problem solving: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4gkwty
Maths problem solving game interactive: https://nrich.maths.org/2005
Previous Year 3 Home Learning:
- English – Please continue to work through your Grammar and Comprehension books. I know some of you have completed these so are additional English activities found here on a new English Activity Grid. Summer Term English Activity Grid – Lava
- Topic – I have put together a new topic grid with a variety of activities on it can be found here: Summer Term Topic Activity Grid If you still have activities remaining from the previous Topic Grid please feel free to complete them or if you would rather, you can move straight onto the new activity grid.
- Maths – Please move onto the White Rose Lessons: Summer Term Week 4, 5 and 6. On a Friday, the website has challenges you can complete or alternatively you could use this time to practice your times tables or mental arithmetic. The worksheets now require a password to access so I have uploaded the next 3 weeks worksheets below. The videos for week 4 can be found here: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/ and the video links for weeks 5 & 6 I have put next to each worksheet.
- Week 4 Lesson 1 -The 4 and 8 times-tables
- Week 4 Lesson – 2 Multiply 2-digits by 1-digit
- Week 4 Lesson 3 – Divide 2-digits by 1-digit
- Week 4 Lesson 4 – Scaling
- Week 5 Lesson 1 – Add and subtract 2-digit and 3-digit numbers – not crossing 10 or 100 Video: https://vimeo.com/417332039
- Week 5 Lesson 2 – Add 2-digit and 3-digit numbers – crossing 10 or 100 Video: https://vimeo.com/417332285
- Week 5 Lesson 3 – Subtract 2-digit numbers from 3-digit numbers – crossing 10 or 100 Video: https://vimeo.com/417332285
- Week 5 Lesson 4 – Add two 3-digit numbers – not crossing 10 or 100 Video: https://vimeo.com/417332649
- Week 6 Lesson 1 – Add two 3-digit numbers – crossing 10 or 100 Video: https://vimeo.com/420240608
- Week 6 Lesson 2 – Subtract 3-digit numbers from 3-digit numbers – no exchange Video: https://vimeo.com/420240853
- Week 6 Lesson 3 – Subtract a 3-digit number from a 3-digit number – exchange Video: https://vimeo.com/420240964
- Week 6 Lesson 4 – Estimate answers to calculations Video: https://vimeo.com/420241173
Please remember to continue sending pictures to me so I can add them to our gallery below. I do love seeing what you have all been getting up to!
ADDITIONAL HOME LEARNING LINKS
Please find links to useful website below that you can access while working at home. I will keep these current and updated!
- Accelerated Reader
Please check this page regularly for any updates!
- Children should continue to bring their reading books to school each day and aim to read at home every night.
- Homework will be given out on a Wednesday to be returned by Monday of the following week.
- Spellings are given out on a Wednesday and children will be tested every Monday.
- Swimming is on a Wednesday and PE is on a Thursday. However PE kits should be left in school all week as extra activities may be added.
Spring Term 2020:
Please see this term’s newsletter for details of this term’s learning:
Hope you have had a brilliant Summer and are ready to begin your journey of learning in Year 3. I am looking forward to reading some great new books with you this year and learning about lots of new Topics! This term’s topic is We Will Rock you.
Please see the learning overview below for more details: