Welcome to Year 6 (2019-20)
- Miss Lesley Davidson – Teacher
- Mrs Lyn Fox – HLTA
- Mrs Lyndsey Shepherd- Teaching assistant
Please feel free to drop in and speak to us at any time.
- PE – We will be undertaking at least two sessions of P.E. each week. At present these will be on Monday and Friday afternoon. Children should bring their P.E. kits in on a Monday and not take them home until Friday as we may complete P.E. at others times, weather depending.
- Homework – Children will receive homework challenges related to their current topic. On top of this Literacy and Mathematics homework may be issued each week on a Wednesday and should be returned the following Monday.
- On Monday, children will be tested on their weekly spellings and also Times Tables.
- Reading Books – It would be great if you could read regularly with your child. We are no longer using home Reading Record books as we are monitoring reading through the Accelerated Reading Programme. If you have any comments or concerns regarding reading at home please write them in the back of the homework book. If you would still like a separate book to note down when you read with your child then please just ask. I will still be hearing children read in regular guided reading sessions.
Autumn Term 2019: Please follow the link below to this term’s Topic newsletter: